The kind of electrical problems you could run into may coincide with the changing seasons. Here are some reminders to remain focused staying safe this spring with these electrical system cleanup tips!
Spring Cleanup for Electrical Safety
Now that we are heading into spring, warmer weather can spur an increase in work outdoors. Putting your efforts toward electrical safety knowledge will help to ensure you perform your outdoor tasks safely. Adhering to the following safety guidelines will help you avoid an electrical accident that could cause a serious injury.
- Keep ladders at least 10 feet away from power lines. Even if its made out of wood, you could be putting yourself at risk of electrocution.
- Remove all outdoor tools and appliances out from outlets when they are not in use.
- Look at powered appliances and tools for any broken plugs, frayed cords or cracked/broken casing.
- Water and electricity combined is a serious hazard. Try to avoid working in damp conditions, such as working on wet grass when electricity is in use.
DIY Electrical Safety Suggestions
Thousands of people each year in the United States get seriously injured and electrocuted as a direct result of electrical fires and other electrical accidents
In their homes. Here are some other safety tips you should know.
- Install Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters – You will want to learn everything you can about these life-saving tools! Put these in areas where sinks are present such as kitchens and bathrooms. In case there is a short, it trips the internal circuit and can avoid a serious electrical disaster.
- Stay Away From Power Lines – You
don’tneed to be in contact with a power line to be in danger. Electricity of the high-voltage variety can strike to anyone who gets a little too close. Don’t get close than 10 feet away from the power lines and their connectors.
Give your home an electrical safety audit. Our highly qualified and trained electricians are available to evaluate your electrical systems and make recommendations on how you can improve safety in your home for you and your family. Call or schedule an appointment online with AAA Service today.