In 2017, efficiency is the name of the game at work, at school and in your home. People, machines and systems are all working to become the most efficient they can possibly be to cut costs and generate more output. But is your plumbing system where it needs to be?
Check for Toilet Leaks
Toilet leaks can be hidden and difficult to detect if you’re not an experienced AAA Service plumber. But taking these three steps can help you with a little DIY detection:
- Put several drops of food coloring into the back part of your toilet tank.
- Let is sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Now check your actual toilet bowl. If you see that any of the food coloring has seeped into the bowl, you have a leak. How much food coloring there is will determine the severity of your situation.
Fix Dripping Faucets
Not only do they sound annoying, but their damages can be annoying to your wallet as well. Drips put extra wear and tear on your plumbing system and they lead to a massive waste of water. If a faucet drips every ten seconds for a year, you could waste up to 10,000 gallons of water!
Install Low-Flow Fixtures
Low-flow showerheads and low-flow toilets will have you feeling good about your contributions to the environment. Low-flow toilets use about 1.5 gallons per flush as opposed to 5 gallons on some older models. And low-flow showerheads keep the same pressure while shaving double digit gallons for every wash.
Upgrade to a Tankless Water Heater
Tankless water heaters have you feeling good about the following benefits:
- More space because tankless water heaters can be hung right on the wall.
- They use on-demand heating so there is no wasted water sitting in the tank.
- The on-demand features also gives your energy spending a huge break. No more heating of useless water!
- They also tend to last just as long if not longer than traditional water heaters.
If you are interested in upgrading your plumbing fixtures, the team at AAA Service can help. We install toilets, showerheads and basically any piece of plumbing equipment you might need. We are available on nights and weekends and we look forward to hearing from you today!
To schedule an appointment, call 303-313-3333 or book service online here!