Snap, Crackle and Pop are supposed to be part of your morning cereal– not your heating system! Are these noises keeping you up at night or making it difficult to fall asleep? If so, it is time to draw the line. You pay for the heat that they produce, and it should come out at a temperature and pitch that you are happy with. You can try the following tips for a little DIY repair, but if this doesn’t work, our team can get to the bottom of it for you!
- Pry the end caps off of your baseboard heater with your fingers or a screwdriver. Once you have done this, you can start to remove the front plate from the heater.
- Check for any loose fins or noticeable damage. If there is something off or questionable, don’t hesitate to call your AAA Service heating professionals. This might be the start of bigger problems that only an experienced technician can diagnose.
- Take a level and place it on top of your baseboard heater if you don’t see any glaring damage.
- If the level doesn’t read even, this is the cause of your gurgling or popping noises. These units radiate heat through water and if the unit isn’t level, water will build up at one end and boil in a sense.
- If the right side of the unit needs to be lifted, take some PVC pipe and lift the unit until it reads level.
- If the noises don’t stop, please call 303-313-3333 so we can make sure there are no gas-related issues and ensure your safety.
Here at AAA Service, we have been servicing the Denver and Aurora areas with pride for quite some time now. We know this area, we know the people and we know plumbing and heating problems can be a pain! Let us clear the air and get things on the right track so you can focus on the important things.
To schedule service, call 303-313-3333 or click around on our website!